The disposable tableware market represents all the plates, cups, napkins, tablecloths, cutlery, etc. for single or ephemeral use, most often plastic-based.
These products are manufactured from two types of polymers which will then be used to estimate the size of this market: polystyrenes (PS) and polypropylenes (PP)
Historically dominated by private labels and the criterion cost the French market for disposable tableware is now at a turning point in the context of: within the framework of the law on the energy transition disposable tableware must be compostable from 2020, and composed of 50% of materials biosourced from 2020 onwards a proportion increased to 60% in 2025 .
To comply with this regulatory obligation while freeing themselves from a brand image degraded by eco-responsible awareness, the players in the disposable tableware market are now focusing on biodegradable, higher value-added products such as wood, which is now a fast-growing market
The other issue in the French disposable tableware market remains recycling in a context of valorisation of the waste products and to reduce their environmental impact. This is particularly the case with plastic cups because, according to the Association santé environnement France (Asef), only 1% of the 4.73 billion plastic cups thrown away each year in France are recycled .
To meet these new challenges, the players in the disposable tableware market in France are committed to a race for industrial innovation and commercial as well as in a questioning of their value chain with a share of the cost associated with greater packaging in the coming years.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The Disposable Tableware Market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The disposable tableware market - Italy
Publicado en 17/02/2022 by Tommaso Nuti - tomura s.r.l.s.
Good report, complete and comprehensive.