1.1 Definition and scope of study
The disposable tableware market represents all dishes, cups, napkins, tablecloths, cutlery, etc., whether for individual or ephemeral use ...mainly plastic-based. These products are made from two types of polymers which will then be used to estimate the size of this market: polystyrenes (PS) and polypropylene (PP).
The biggest novelty in this market is the new legislation in force. For example, the city of São Paulo has already passed a law prohibiting the sale of plastic materials in commercial establishments, while Rio de Janeiro has approved a ban on the use of plastic straws. Legislation such as this and the search for a more sustainable market are increasingly common in the country. According to WWF Brasil In addition to the state capital, eighty other municipalities have introduced anti-plastic rules.
In this context, actors are forced to focus on biodegradable products with higher added value, such as wood and silicone, which is now a growing market (about 11% per year).
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages