the Furniture Market
1.1 Market definition
Omnipresent in France and affecting all types of consumers, the furniture market is above all a renewal market, i.e. a market in which replacement purchases are more important than fist purchases. Due to the very long life span of the furniture, the brands therefore rely on three factors to increase their sales: fashion (especially in the kitchen), the construction of new homes and the mobility of the population.
In a market historically controlled by actors present in physical sales points (Ikea, But, Maisons du Monde, Gifi...), traditional brands are finding themselves increasingly in difficulty in the face of the rise of online commerce and the rise of the second-hand market.
There are generally several types of furniture
- Furniture (tables, sideboards and other cabinets);
- Kitchen furniture;
- Upholstered (sofas, armchairs and benches);
- Bed linen;
- Bathroom furniture;
- Garden furniture.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months