1.1 Market definition
Wallpaper is a material used to cover and decorate the walls or internal partitions of a house or a building. The need to decorate walls has ancient origins, whereas the introduction of paper as a material dates back to the twelfth century in Europe, through its import from China.
There are generally 3 types of wallpaper:
- The traditional wallpaper, printed on paper;
- “Non-woven" wallpaper, composed not of paper but of polyester and cellulose fibers;
- Vinyl wallpaper, printed on a layer of PVC.
In addition to these relatively common products, there is a variety of wallpapers made of original materials, including metal wallpaper, flock velvet wallpaper.
The years 1970-1980 are perceived as the golden age of wallpaper. In France, 100 million rolls of wallpaper were sold each year before the massification of supply finally tired consumers and the market began to decline with structurally lower consumption volumes. This decrease has led to the closure of several companies such as Abelia (in 2005) or Essef (in 2006).
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The wallpaper market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages