The industrial paint market
1.1 Market definition
The industrial paint market is a sub-segment of the paint market
Painting is a coating applied to materials that are referred to as substrates (the external surface where the paint is applied) for protection or decoration purposes. After application and a drying time more or less long, a solid film is formed by the paint. We can distinguish between varnish, if this film is transparent, and paint if it is opaque. There is a wide variety of paints (glossy, matt, metallic, pearly, etc.). The paints are classified according to the binder used, which can be natural, vinyl or rubber-derived (there are about ten classes of paints)
Paints are intended for multiple uses, which can nevertheless be segmented into 3 categories: construction, industry and households. Our study focuses on painting for industry, for the finishing of industrial parts and products, i.e. transport equipment (automotive), agricultural machinery, computers, electronics, household appliances, etc
These categories differ in their uses, properties, technologies used and mode of application.
Finally, industrial painting is divided into three different technologies, solvent phase painting, water phase painting and powder painting.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months