1.1 Presentation and market definition
The paint work market covers all work carried out by companies in the construction sector using paint
This work is different from industrial painting work, which takes place in a workshop and consists of the direct application of paint on an equipment/object. Painting work can be maintenance-renovation work or painting of recently built buildings.
INSEE has given the 4334Z nomenclature to painting and glazing work, included in the finishing work sector: this code covers exterior and interior painting work on buildings or civil engineering works and excludes marking on pavements and car parks.
There are two types of companies:
- Generalist painters who work exclusively for private individuals.
- Specialized painters who work either in civil engineering structures, the renovation of historic buildings or the construction industry.
The opportunities in the sector, listed on the INSEE Sectoral Sheet, are classified by:
- Type of work: mainly single-family homes and collective dwellings as well as non-residential and public buildings
- Nature of the work: mainly maintenance-renovation, then construction.
According to data from the INSEE , the majority of painting work is carried out during renovation work: maintenance and improvement accounted for more than 65% of finishing work, compared with less than 35% for new construction . These works are mainly used by individuals and collective housing. The market's turnover is therefore relatively less affected by new construction and non-residential buildings.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The paint work market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages