1.1 Presentation and market definition
The paint work market covers all work carried out by companies in the construction sector using paint
This work is different from industrial painting work, which takes place in a workshop and consists of the direct application of paint on an equipment/object. Painting work can be maintenance-renovation work or painting of recently built buildings.
INSEE has given the 4334Z nomenclature to painting and glazing work, included in the finishing work sector: this code covers exterior and interior painting work on buildings or civil engineering works and excludes marking on pavements and car parks.
There are two types of companies:
- Generalist painters who work exclusively for private individuals.
- Specialized painters who work either in civil engineering structures, the renovation of historic buildings or the construction industry.
The opportunities in the sector, listed on the INSEE Sectoral Sheet, are classified by:
- Type of work: mainly single-family homes and collective dwellings as well as non-residential and public buildings
- Nature of the work: mainly maintenance-renovation, then construction.
According to data from the INSEE , the majority of painting work is carried out during renovation work: maintenance and improvement accounted for more than 65% of finishing work, compared with less than 35% for new construction . These works are mainly used by individuals and collective housing. The market's turnover is therefore relatively less affected by new construction and non-residential buildings.
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
RULES AND REGULATIONS
POSITIONING OF THE ACTORS
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 2 business days
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Consultez les conditions du pack et de remboursement des crédits non consommés.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The stationary toilet market - France
Publicado en 12/01/2022 by Client anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
A highly quantified study. Despite the investments made by local authorities, the mistrust of public toilets is confirmed. The smart toilet market has not yet taken off.
Hello Geoffroy, Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted that this study has given you a good overview of the market.
The public lighting market - France
Publicado en 27/10/2021 by Stéphane Naville - AXIONE SAS
Good level of synthesis allowing to go to the essential of a market (supply, demand, actors) quickly!
Hello Stephane, Thank you for your feedback, we are very happy if our study could save you a precious time. :)
The veneers and wood panels market - France
Publicado en 08/09/2020 by Client Anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
A synthetic and easy to read study, usable for us.
Hello, Thank you for your feedback.