There are several materials on the market for roof covering Terracotta tiles, slate roofing, concrete roofing, zinc roofing, shingle roofing, photovoltaic roofing, natural stone roofing, corrugated steel roofing, etc. According to iNSEE , the clay roof tile market is included in the nomenclature 23.32Z : Manufacture of clay bricks, tiles and construction products This segment is included in this segment because it also contains clay bricks and pipes .
In France, the most common type of roofing remains terracotta. Indeed, it is 74% of French roofs are protected by terracotta [ The Terracotta Tile ].
In 1841, the Gilardoni brothers revolutionized the terracotta industry by filing a 10-year patent on the creation of terracotta tiles [ Tile Museum ].
This material can now be declined into a impressive number of shapes and colours from the raw material clay . Terracotta has been used for generations in all French regions
Several types of tiles can be found on sale: they can be flat or semi-circular tiles. With a lifetime provided by the FDES (Environmental and Health Data Sheets) of 100 years old [ Monier ], the durability of the product is no longer to be proven. Nevertheless, this sustainability has not prevented the development of more technologically advanced products and manufacturers in the sector continue to invest in R successfully.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The clay tile market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages