1.1 Presentation of the street lighting market
The concept of public lighting is relatively recent, dating back to the nineteenth century, for reasons of public safety, coinciding with the increasing urbanization and crime.
The public lighting market brings together various actors whose aim is to provide lighting for roads and public spaces, both for the comfort and safety of users. Several activities relate to this market: supply of lighting equipment, energy supply, construction of appropriate infrastructure.
There are four types of market players:
- Public decision-makers who determine market demand (municipalities and communities).
- Infrastructure construction and implementation service providers (e. g. Spie)
- Lighting equipment suppliers (e. g. Comatelec Schreder)
- Energy suppliers (e.g.: EDF)
The French public lighting market mainly represents expenditure on network maintenance. This is followed by expenditure on the renewal of installations and then by expenditure on energy consumption.
The French public lighting market faces two main challenges: an economic one and an ecological one. Energy costs are increasingly burdensome for local authorities and criticism due to greenhouse gas emissions and light pollution must be addressed.
Many players are now focusing on renewing their existing fleet with even more innovative intelligent lighting solutions: low-energy lamps, LEDs, connected lighting, lighting plans, etc. All these initiatives are in line with the trend of "smart cities", which suggest that the French public lighting market will increase in value in the short and medium term.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The public lighting market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages