1.1 Definition and scope of the market
Waste management covers all operations related to waste from human activity. It concerns the collection, transport, treatment, reuse, elimination or storage of waste. It has a scientific name: rudology, which can be defined as the systematic study of waste.
Global waste production amounted to 2.01 billion tons in 2018. There are, however, great disparities in the origin of this waste, with its production not proportional to the population of the different regions of the world, which shows certain inequalities. In 2018, only 13.5% of this waste was recycled and much of it was dumped in nature and in the oceans, showing the need for waste management on a global scale
In Europe, France is the 2ᵉ country producing the most waste, behind Germany, with 343 million tons in 2018. The management of these millions of tons of waste generates billions of euros in revenue, growing by 11.2% for the European Union and by 21% for France between 2016 and 2018. France, however, saw a 1.2% drop in turnover between 2019 and 2020, heavily impacted by the closure of 95% of its waste collection centres and 60% of its sorting centres during the March 2020 containment.
The current trends of sorting and reducing waste, reinforced by legal incentives such as the AGEC Law of 2020, could change the business, reducing the annual volume of waste, but the know-how needed to deal with new waste such as WEEE and the scarcity of raw materials tend to increase the value of each
ANALYSIS OF THE DEMAND
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
POSITIONING OF THE ACTORS
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Consultez les conditions du pack et de remboursement des crédits non consommés.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The heat pump market - France
Publicado en 14/11/2022 by BS Conseil - BS Conseil
Merci pour votre retour :)
The heat pump market - France
Publicado en 26/09/2022 by Matthieu Boussard - Stryber
Etude parfaite pour une vue d'ensemble du marché avec un très bon rapport qualité-prix.
Merci beaucoup Matthieu pour votre avis. Nous sommes ravis d'avoir été à la hauteur de vos attentes!