the waste management market
1.1 Definition and presentation
Waste management refers to the set of activities revolving around the collection, transportation, disposal or recycling and monitoring of waste.
Waste management is overseen mainly by:
- Local authorities (which collect mainly household waste)
- Companies (whether industrial, agricultural or service).
Waste generated can be classified based on the origin, the nature and the danger to the environment in a number of sub categories. In Italy in regards to municipal waste (generated by households) the most common categories of rubbish are:
- Rifiuti indifferenziati- non-recyclable waste, landfill
- Raccolta differenziati- recylable waste
- Rifiuti organici- organic waste
In Italy - among the countries with the highest waste generation - the industry of waste management has been registering impressive results, although uncertainty in regards to future projections on the evolution of the industry remain, especially due to the progressively larger impact of the circular economy and the changing regulations. The outlook of the industry has changed drastically considering the last 15 years, in terms of waste generation, disposal and treatment.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months