the student residence market
1.1 Market definition and presentation
Student housing includes any official residency or accommodation the university provides to students. These specific dwellings generally consist of a building or a group of buildings which are entirely inhabited by students.
There are 3 possibilities to find accommodation for a student in France:
- Family housing;
- Student residences: private, CROUS, foyer, dormitory;
- The private rental stock: alone, in couple or shared.
The market is driven by the increase in the number of national and international students. At the beginning of the 2017-2018 academic year, there were more than 2.7 million students in France compared to 2.55 million in 2015. This increase is driven by the growth in the number of foreign students in the territory and the extension of higher education, as well as the constant increase in the number of baccalaureate holders (in other words, the number of students who can access higher education).
Private student residences are an attractive investment for private investors. Student residences thus represented a yield of nearly 6.7% in 2016 in France.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months