The real estate market comprises buying, selling and renting, leasing of property and condominiums for commercial and personal household use. A significant actor in the real estate market is the real estate development, a business process that includes the activities from the renovation and re-lease of existing buildings to the purchase of raw land and the sale of developed land or parcels to others.
The real estate development market encompasses all professionals whose main mission is to market built spaces, converting ideas from paper to reality. Although real estate development is not the same as construction, many developers also manage the construction process - and even the selling process like real estate agencies. However, developers usually are the ones who bare the greatest risks in the creation or renovation of a real estate. Thereby, these kinds of investors are always looking for the best market opportunities and the markets that seem to offer a good balance between risk and return.
Following the 2008 crisis, Portuguese government's recovery strategies included incentives to attract foreign investment. These start to bare its fruits in the past years, particularly in the real estate development market.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages