1.1 Market definition and presentation
A nursing home, now more commonly known as an EHPAD (Etablissement d'Hébergement pour Personnes Agées Dépendantes) is a structure that welcomes people over 60 years of age who are physically and/or mentally dependent and who can no longer be kept at home . This medical facility offers individual or collective rooms and also offers assistance with daily life as well as personalized medical care, catering, laundry services, entertainment, etc. ( Les Maisons de Retraite.fr )
In Portugal, we find the terms of "Lar para idosos" (home for the elderly), which are residential facilities, guaranteeing and providing food, health care, hygiene and comfort. These are also called places of stimulation and cohabitation elderly people where they can spend their free time through social activities. There are also the "Residências para idosos" (retirement homes), which are similar to homes, but with the privacy of a single room or a studio
The nursing home sector has been growing rapidly over the past 10 years. This is explained by the ageing population as well as the increase in illnesses . The potential clientele of nursing homes is constantly increasing and institutions must adapt to these structural changes
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages