The porcelain is a fine and translucent ceramic produced from kaolin by firing at over 1200°C. The primary and majority use of porcelain is that related to table arts . There are two main types of porcelain: porcelain hard and porcelain tender . Advanced porcelain manufacturing techniques arrived late in France (19 th century), while they were already present in China on 17 th century. However, the porcelain of Limoges is recognized for its quality and is even protected by a "geographical indication".
Since 2010, the number of employees in the porcelain sector in France has been steadily decreasing, reflecting manufacturing processes increasingly delocalized outside France. The turnover generated by the porcelain market is put to the test by the growth of the tableware ceramic in China, which is gradually replacing traditional porcelain
To resist the crisis, the players in the porcelain market are counting on the development of exports, which already represent nearly 50% of the sector's turnover. However, with the changes related to the chinese request the structure of exports to client countries is weakened.
The French porcelain market is facing the intensification of international competition particularly in Asia, which is regularly illustrated by the use of counterfeiting. It should be noted that to protect itself from this, the city of Limoges has initiated brand recognition initiatives at national and European level.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The porcelain market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages