1.1 Market definition and structure
Dyes and pigments are two different substances that can be used in a variety of industries: food, cosmetics, textiles or purely industrial. These substances are used to bring a new colour.
A distinction must be made between dyestuffs pigments. These first ones are soluble and will have to be meticulously ground. They will be able to be fixed by chemical bonding either immediately or after pre-treatment. It is possible to find them in:
- The food,
- Plastics processing,
- The leather,
The pigments as for them are insoluble . They will be crushed and dispersed and placed on the surface of the material to be stained. It will be possible to find them in:
- Cosmetics and cosmetics
- The inks
- The painting
- Plastics processing
- The coatings
- The glass factory
- The concrete
Colourings and pigments have been present in the lives of Men since prehistoric times. Indeed, coloured murals could be painted in different caves such as Lascaux. These colours come from chalk or ochre and are therefore of mineral origin. The first pigments were born.
During Antiquity, dyes appeared in order to colour the fabrics. They are of plant and animal origin. The 19th century marked a turning point in the production of dyes and pigments. In 1856, Perkin discovered mauvein following a chemical synthesis. The revolution in synthetic production has begun.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 3 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The market for dyes and pigments - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages