1.1 Definition and scope of study
Wallpaper is a material used to cover and decorate the interior walls or partitions of a house or building. The need to decorate walls has very ancient origins, while the introduction of paper as a material dates back to the 12th century in Europe, through its importation from China.
There are generally 3 types of wallpaper :
- Traditional wallpaper printed on paper;
- The p painted non-woven apiary It is not made of paper, but of polyester and cellulose fibres;
- The p vinyl painted apiary printed on a PVC layer.
In addition to these relatively common products, there are a variety of wallpapers made from original materials, including metallic wallpaper and velvet wallpaper.
For the Portuguese market, decoration stores are still the preferred places to compare wallpapers, but the internet has become a research space where you can find more varieties at lower prices. However, these are interior designers and decorators who have access to the best suppliers and are familiar with the products They can be an important asset, both in terms of choice and order volume. The ongoing process of real estate expansion across the country is resulting in the construction of new homes and the reform on renovation, these factors are becoming sales drivers for wallpaper.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
Our other products
Tailor-made report pack (pt) - Portugal
This 1-year package includes :
- 10 credits per year to carry out your customized reports
- Annual access to 5 reports per month, which you can choose from among our 1,300 studies
A complete range of sector-specific reports, combining standard reports at the best price with studies tailored to your needs.
5 reports pack (-15%) PT - Portugal
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our Portuguese catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The wallpaper market - France
The study is very detailed and corresponds perfectly to my expectations. The analysis of the players and the different distribution channels allowed me to choose the positioning to adopt.
Thank you Amaury for your opinion on this study.