1.1 Definition and scope of study
Wallpaper is a material used to cover and decorate the walls or internal partitions of a house or building. The need to decorate walls has ancient origins, while the introduction of paper as a material dates back to the 12th century in Europe, through its import from China.
There are usually 3 types of wallpaper :
- The traditional wallpaper, printed on paper
- “Non-woven" wallpaper made from polyester and cellulose fiber instead of paper
- Vinyl wallpaper, printed on a layer of PVC
In addition to these relatively common products, there are a variety of wallpapers made from original materials, including metal wallpaper and velvet wallpaper.
Widely spread in the United States and in European countries, wallpaper is still barely used in Brazil, mostly due to a cultural factor since Brazilians usually prefer simple white walls with few details.
However, more recently this market has been attracting new customers, motivated by the convenience offered by the product, despite the higher price compared to common paints. Additionally, wallpaper lasts about two years whereas paint needs to be changed every six months or a year. The most successful prints on the market are those that simulate wood or children's themes for children's rooms.
Even today, with the growing demand for the product, many professionals have resorted to imported wallpapers since international brands have a greater variety of prints, textures and finishes. Those who intend to enter the national wallpaper market can take advantage of this idle demand, which is little explored in the country.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The wallpaper market - France
The study is very detailed and corresponds perfectly to my expectations. The analysis of the players and the different distribution channels allowed me to choose the positioning to adopt.
Thank you Amaury for your opinion on this study.