the wallpaper market
1.1 Definition and presentation
The term wallpaper can refer to a material used to cover and decorate the walls or internal partitions of a house or a building. The need to decorate walls has ancient origins, whereas the introduction of paper as a material dates back to the twelfth century in Europe, through its import from China.
There are generally 3 types of wallpaper:
- The traditional wallpaper, printed on paper;
- “Non-woven" wallpaper, composed not of paper but of polyester and cellulose fibers;
- Vinyl wallpaper, printed on a layer of PVC.
In addition to these relatively common products, there is a variety of wallpapers made of original materials, including metal wallpaper, flock velvet wallpaper.
Market players are mainly targeting two types of customers:
From the Middle Ages to the present day, wallpaper has evolved considerably, penetrating the concept of Italian fashion and interior design, completely reversing its historic marginal role. Today, wallpaper is an accessory for decoration, exploiting the continuous innovations in terms of technology, materials used and designs.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months