1.1 Definition and Presentation
The home decor market is comprised of several accessories and items used to furnish and decor one’s house.
The Italian design being worldwide acclaimed has become a source of inspiration both on a local and international level. The market counts more than 29000 players according to ‘Sole 24 Ore’, with different positionings and offers, that contribute to a substantial amount of the country’ commercial surplus.
At present, Italy stands in fourth place in the home decoration segment, with a considerable presence in both production and export.
The Italian home décor market can be considered as follows:
- Home decorative objects and textiles (such as curtains, cushions, tablecloths, fabrics)
- Small furniture items (such as lamps, coffee tables, nightstands)
- Large furniture items (such as beds, benches, sofas)
Specifically, home decoration is associated with a sense of style, design and appeal, that serve as means to personalize the interior of a house and enhance its esthetics.
In Italy, in particular, home decoration has become a lifestyle shaping both the culture and the economy of the country. Each year an increasingly relevant number of companies attend the so-called ‘Salone del Mobile’, an actual status symbol for home decoration, to display their own work or see the latest trends in the industry.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages