1.1 Definition and presentation
The light-emitting diode, better known as LED, is an electronic component that generates light when it flowsthroughan electric current. LEDs are widely used for lighting(despite higher costs than other types of lighting), but also for the production of electronic or signaling devicessuch as for backlighting displays or as the main light source (OLED displays) in televisions.
The LED market involves several segments, such as chip manufacturing, packaging, control, but also the manufacture of the LED module, the lighting device (the bulb), and finally the integration (the luminaire).
In 2021, the global LED market was worth more than $77 billion, and the market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 17.6 % between 2022 and 2029. In particular, the factors that will drive the growth of this market are the increased attention and regulation regarding energy efficiency and savings.
The Italian LED market has excellent development prospects. Explaining the growth of the market in the Italian territory are two main factors: the growing concern of the population about energy saving issues and the public sector investing in smart cities. In fact, especially in residential and iondustrial lighting, a growing portion of people are opting for LED lighting sources, the latter being able to consume much less energy than traditional forms of lighting and also presenting better prospects in terms of longevity. ASSIL (National Association of Lighting Manufacturers) states that with LED systems in apartment buildings, energy savings of up to 78 % and an annual reduction of 664.6 kg of co2 can be generated.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Tailor-made report pack (IT) - Italy
This 1-year package includes :
- 10 credits per year to carry out your customized reports
- Annual access to 5 reports per month, which you can choose from among our 1,300 studies
A complete range of sector-specific reports, combining standard reports at the best price with studies tailored to your needs.
5 reports pack (-15%) IT - Italy
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our Italian catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The LED market Light-emitting diodes - Italy
Publicado en 03/02/2022 by Guido Perin - Tcrea Srl
I gave only four stars for the timing of delivery of the Italian version. The standard version was delivered to me quickly and is satisfactory.
Thank you Guido.