1.1 Definition and scope of study
A motor home (otherwise known as a camper, camping van, or camper van), is a habitable motor vehicle. Annex II. of the European Directive 2001/116/EC of 2001 classifies motorhomes in category M1: "vehicles designed and constructed for the carriage of passengers comprising, in addition to the driver's seat, not more than eight seats. »
The motorhome market in Italy includes:
- The purchase of new or second-hand motorhomes,
- The rental of motorhomes
- The various associated services of maintenance, repair, insurance, financing, and purchase of accessories.
In Italy the camper market has witnessed a growing trend, demonstrated by the boom in sales - 78% new registrations compared to 2014; due to multiple changing consumer needs, among which the increasing will to travel independently, to have the comfort of a home away from home and to move easily and fast around. The increasing number of tourists, both local and international, flowing in and around the territory is undoubtedly pushing the numbers.
The market is driven majorly by two segments: the rental and the second hand purchase; trends reflecting a slight lower purchasing power of consumers, which are still willing to take advantage of the numerous benefits of camper vans yet remain reluctant in front of a big investment. The Italian market of campervans is additionally influenced by a high seasonality - in 2019 June, July and August accounted for 75% of sales - and a specific yet at times limited core consumer group.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 1 business day
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The motorhome market - France
Publicado en 02/09/2020 by Christian Berger - Office de Tourisme, des Loisirs et des Congrès Arras Pays d'Artois
What is proposed in the study is well done. However, it lacks a section devoted to parking and/or service areas, and alternative reception facilities to capture the entire market.
Hello Christian, Thank you for your feedback. The segment you describe is not part of the study, we try to define as best as possible the market covered in the introduction, we regret if you did not find what you were looking for. :(