1.1 Definition and presentation
The car rental market covers all operations involved in the borrowing of a vehicle for a certain period of time. Usually a distinction is made between short and long term rental. The car hire additionally differs by target audience:
This study focuses exclusively on short-term rental of passenger cars and light commercial vehicles.
The Italian car rental market is very dynamic and growing in recent years, as demonstrated by the rapid spread of companies specializing in both short and long term rental throughout the country. The market is very competitive and with the growing market share of car sharing or shared mobility, the incumbent market operators are forced to renew their services and innovate their offering. Although demand is present and has driven market growth, present and future trends are closely linked to the demographic, social and economic aspects of Italians (e.g. attention to ecology and sustainability, frequency of travel).
In addition, with the spread of more and more varied offers, the rental price becomes a determining factor and quite transparent thanks to the numerous comparators of car rentals.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages