1.1 Definition and presentation
The car rental market concerns all transactions between companies and individuals which allow to borrow a vehicle over a fixed period of time. A distinction is usually made between short rentals and long-term leases.
The global market is growing rapidly; key drivers include the increasing number of smartphone users globally, together with rising dependency on technology for carrying out activities such as booking and paying for rental services. Together, they have been vital to market growth over the years.
In the UK, the car rental market’s economic impact is significant; in 2018, it contributed £7.6 billion in taxation and supported close to half a million jobs. [fleetnews] Moreover, the market is expected to see strong growth as a result of increased tourism.
The market is moderately concentrated and includes players such as Avis, Budget, and Europcar Group.
Increased concern and awareness of lower emissions have primarily led to an increase in car rental options. Car rental and carpooling significantly help in reducing the number of cars on the road.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages