Pizza is a dish of Italian origin made with a spread bread dough and tomato coulis, covered with various ingredients and baked in the oven.
The pizza sector faces an image challenge: it is a matter of ow to move from a perception of a product for the general public and assimilated to "junk food" to a premium segment .
In addition to the freshness of the products, pizza consumers like to see the product being prepared in both pizza trucks and restaurants, an added value that makes it easier to increase prices because it is more acceptable.
According to Statista, if we add up the top 5 best-selling pizza chains in the United Kingdom in 2017, we get a turnover of £2.31 billion .
In addition, pizza sales also go through the mass distribution sector. In this growing segment and with more than £526 million turnover in the United Kingdom in 2017 the market is more fragmented and the three leaders are Chicago Town Pizza, Goodfellas and Tesco.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages