the car rental market
1.1 Definition and scope of study
The car rental market concerns all transactions between companies and individuals which allow to borrow a vehicle over a fixed period of time . A distinction is usually made between short rentals and long-term leases or leasing.
Short-term rental activities include carsharing defined by the Ministry of Ecological and Solidarity Transition as "the sharing of a vehicle or a number of motorized land transport vehicles for the benefit of users who are subscribers or authorised by person managing the vehicles. ».
This study focuses exclusively on short-term rental of passenger cars and light commercial vehicles, governed by iNSEE NAF code 77.11A as well as to the activities car-sharing that we associate with the same code of this nomenclature.
The global car rental market is very dynamic and growing, and the French market is at the top of the European ranking with the German market. The industry presents a competitive context and with the growing market share of the carsharing or shared mobility, the historical market players are obliged to renew their services and boost their offer [ Auto-Infos ].
The price of the rental is a determining factor and completely transparent thanks to the many car rental comparators.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months