1.1 Definition and scope of study
A vehicle is said to be second-hand if it has been in use for more than 6 months (from the date of first registration) and has travelled more than 6,000 km. France has an incredibly dynamic second-hand car market: sales volumes of second-hand vehicles are 2 to 3 times higher than those of new vehicles.
The second-hand car market has of course been shaken by the arrival of internet technology. There are currently around 20 physical and digital players on this market and almost half of used car buyers have done their research on the Internet beforehand. However, no car purchase is made solely on the web, except via platforms that connect individuals such as Le Bon Coin. Some twenty sites are listed, including La Centrale, but the site's paid model is in competition with Le Bon Coin, the leader in second-hand car sales in France, which has lower costs. These sites concentrate the second-hand items put up for sale by private individuals, but many professionals are also present in these niches.
Concerning the online sale of second-hand cars, Aramisauto is the leader in France, with which PSA has been associated since 2015. The particularity of Aramisauto has made its success: this market player buys second-hand vehicles, maintains them and puts them back on sale.
The second-hand vehicle market is special in that it covers only the resale of vehicles between private individuals or through professional dealers. It therefore requires precautions to be taken regarding the condition of the vehicle (mechanical condition) but also its origin (tampered with motorcycle, stolen) in order to avoid being a victim of fraud. This is why many people are gradually turning to professional dealers for more security.
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
POSITIONING OF THE PLAYERS
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Consultez les conditions du pack et de remboursement des crédits non consommés.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The used car market - France
Publicado en 19/11/2021 by Gaia Nehakopian
Complete and very interesting study
Hello Gaia, Thank you for your feedback, and we are happy to read that you are satisfied with this study.