the bed and breakfast market
1.1 Definition and presentation
Tourism is one of the largest sectors in France, accounting for around 7% of the national GDP, or 160 billion euros in turnover for the sector each year.
Although very important in size, the sector has not escaped disruption from new players. While bed and breakfasts had already represented a threat to the hotel industry, the latter is now forced to renew its strategy in the face of the rise of applications such as Airbnb.
A bed and breakfast is defined as a furnished room in the home of an inhabitant who receives tourists for one or more nights in exchange for a fee. Unlike a gîte, it is not a rental, equipped with a kitchen and a living room in particular.
While the number of guest rooms is now high, the owners are tending to become more professional and to offer stays with ever greater added value (close to wine estates, in the heart of forests...). In addition to this, additional services (meals...) have been added, which has led to an increase in prices over the last few years.
More than ever, owners need to be present on online booking platforms in order to gain visibility while taking advantage of regulatory changes, which may or may not be favourable to them.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months