The campsite is a segment of the outdoor hotel industry in France that is defined as a tourist activity that consists of staying in a tent , a caravan or a motor home during holiday periods. This is a historically widespread tourist trend for families with generally lower financial means. Camping can be carried out on an official campsite, on a naturist campsite or on a wilderness site.
Once reserved for the working classes, the activity has evolved considerably in recent years. Professionals have invested a lot to improve infrastructures and attract new customers. The turnover of the campsite in France has doubled since 2000. The two most popular types of accommodation for campers are the Mobile home (including 1/3 of Mobile home rented on site) and the personal tent . The recent success of the Mobile home has made a significant contribution to the renewal of the campsite .
The top-of-the-range campsites diversify towards well-being to attract wealthier classes. Nearly half of the campsites currently have aquatic equipment and more and more sites are offering a spa in their facilities. The trend towards a move upmarket is therefore launched and the campsites premium products are flourishing all over France. The possibility since July 2010 of obtaining a fifth star is a perfect illustration of this phenomenon. Despite this evolution, the professionals of the outdoor accommodation seek to preserve the identity of the campsite User-friendliness and affordable prices. It is therefore necessary to constantly improve services by making sure that the traditional hotel industry (villages and holiday clubs) is not copied. The main players in the French market for top-of-the-range camping are The Castels , Homair , Kawan Villages , Yelloh! Village and Vacansoleil .
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The camping market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages