1.1 Market definition
A motor home (otherwise known as a recreational vehicle, motor home, or motor home), is a habitable motor vehicle . Annex II. of the European Directive 2001/116/EC of 2001 classifies motor homes in category M1: "vehicles designed and constructed for the carriage of passengers comprising, in addition to the driver's seat, not more than eight seats. "
The motor homes can be of different types defined later in the study: the Capucine, the Profilé, the Intégral, the van or the removable cell.
The motorhome market in France includes both :
- The purchase of new or used motorhomes,
- The rental of motorhomes,
- The various associated services of maintenance, repair, insurance, financing, and purchase of accessories.
With a fleet of recreational vehicles (RVs) estimated in 2018 at more than 504,000 motor homes in France and more than 535,000 caravans in France, the number of registered campervans (new and used) continues to increase every year [ Uni VDL ]. France is also the second largest European market behind Germany . Camping remains the preferred holiday mode for the French in 2019 and out of 113 million overnight stays recorded in 2018, only ¼ of campers preferred caravans to motorhomes.
The motorhome market, dominated by a few leading manufacturers, also includes some 100 very small companies, most of which are subcontractors, fitters or repairers. The financial difficulties of some players in the motorhome market suggest that the outlook may be more bleak in the future.
In terms of consumer profile, the over-50s, and in particular retirees, play a key role in the dynamism of the French leisure vehicle market, including campervans. This trend is expected to continue over the next few years, with the arrival in France of 700,000 retirees each year, and positively impact the motorhome market [ INSEE ].
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The motorhome market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The motorhome market - France
Publicado en 02/09/2020 by Christian Berger - Office de Tourisme, des Loisirs et des Congrès Arras Pays d'Artois
What is proposed in the study is well done. However, it lacks a section devoted to parking and/or service areas, and alternative reception facilities to capture the entire market.
Hello Christian, Thank you for your feedback. The segment you describe is not part of the study, we try to define as best as possible the market covered in the introduction, we regret if you did not find what you were looking for. :(