the motorhome market
1.1 Market definition
A motorhome (otherwise known as a recreational vehicle, motorhome, or motorhome) is a habitable motor vehicle . Annex II. of the European Directive 2001/116/EC of 2001 classifies motorhomes in category M1 "vehicles designed and constructed for the carriage of passengers comprising, in addition to the driver's seat, a maximum of eight seats. »
Motor homes can be of different types defined later in the study the Capucine, the Profile, the Integral, the van or the van, but also the removable cell .
The motorhome market in France includes both:
- The purchase of new or used motorhomes,
- Rental of motorhomes,
- The various associated services of maintenance, repair, insurance, financing, and purchase of accessories .
With an estimated fleet of recreational vehicles (VDL) of more than 400,000 motorhomes in France and more than 400,000 caravans in France, the number of registered motorhomes (new and used) continues to increase each year. France is also the second largest European market after Germany. Camping remains the preferred holiday mode of the French in 2016 and out of 113 million overnight stays recorded in 2018, ¼ only campers preferred the caravan to the camper.
The motorhome market, dominated by a few leading manufacturers, also includes around a hundred very small businesses, most of which are subcontractors, planners or repairers. The financial difficulties of some players in the motorhome market suggest that forecasts may be more dull in the future.
In terms of consumer profile The over 50s, and in particular retirees, play an essential role in the dynamism of the French recreational vehicle market, including motorhomes. This trend is expected to continue in the coming years, with the arrival in France of 700,000 retired people each year, and to have a positive impact on the motorhome market.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months