1.1 Market definition
A two-wheeler is defined as a vehicle with two wheels allowing the simultaneous transport of one or two persons . The rider can control the steering with a handlebar while sitting in the saddle. At the rear, the potential passenger can also benefit from a saddle to sit on
As far as two-wheelers are concerned, it is important to distinguish between two categories:
- the cycles two-wheeler non-motorised such as mountain bikes, or equipped with an auxiliary electric motor
- the motorcycles two-wheeler motorized The motorcycles, equipped with a thermal or electric engine, such as motorcycles, mopeds..
The two-wheeler services bring together the maintenance activities and repair operated in car garages by professionals in the sector. Maintenance can range from simple cleaning to a complete overhaul of the vehicle. Repairs are carried out in the event of vehicle problems - particularly in the case of road accidents, which are common among motorcyclists.
The European service market for scooters and motorcycles is experiencing difficulties at European level This is due to increasingly strict anti-pollution standards and the development of public transport. In the first three quarters of 2020, against the backdrop of the Covid-19 pandemic, the ew registrations fell by 3.3% In France, the trend is the same with a long-term decline in the use of two-wheelers . However, this decline is partially offset by the longer use of vehicles, which requires owners to carry out regular maintenance and repairs.
Nevertheless, there are still grounds for hope for the sector with the development of both B2B and B2C electric two-wheeler offerings . In addition, companies in the sector are developing new business models such as the lump sum payment including free repairs and maintenance according to certain criteria.
The main players in the sector are dealers such as Honda , BMW or Yamaha Motor motorcycle garages such as Moto Dôme Services and quick repairers and prop fitters such as Dafy Moto or Axxe Motorcycle .
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 5 business days
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Consultez les conditions du pack et de remboursement des crédits non consommés.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages