1.1 Definition and presentation
A two-wheeler is defined as a vehicle with two wheels that can carry one or two people at a time. The driver can control the steering with the handlebars while sitting on a saddle. In the rear, a passenger can also benefit from a seat.
As for two-wheelers, it is important to distinguish between two categories:
-Cycles: non-motorized two-wheeled vehicles such as mountain bikes or those equipped with an auxiliary electric motor;
-Motorcycles: motorized two-wheeled vehicles equipped with an internal combustion engine or an electric motor, such as motorcycles, mopeds, etc.
Services for two-wheelers include maintenance and repair activities performed in auto repair shops by professionals in the field. Maintenance can range from simple cleaning to complete vehicle overhaul. Repairs are carried out in case of vehicle problems-particularly traffic accidents, which are common among motorcyclists.
Globally, the scooter and motorcycle service market is considered to be growing given the increasing demand for scooters and motorcycles.
In Italy, the market for scooter and motorcycle services can be described as growing due mainly to the increase in overall sales of two-wheelers.Given this increase in sales, as a result, buyer demands for maintenance and repair services have also increased.
The main trends in this market are definitely sustainability and the increasing quest for safety on the part of customers.
Regarding sustainability, it is important to mention e-mobility, or the search for solutions with less environmental impact as electric mobility and thus the introduction of electric motors. it is necessary for maintenance and repair service workers to adapt to this kind of change and develop new skills to work with these new motors.
Speaking instead of safety systems for motorcycles, on the other hand, it is necessary for maintenance workers to always put the safety of motorcyclists first. For this reason, processes of change are underway that have as their ultimate goal the reduction of road accidents and more.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
5 reports pack (-15%) IT - Italy
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our Italian catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages