The Motorcycle Market
1.1 Presentation and market definition
By definition, a motorcycle or motorcycle is a two-wheeled self-propelled vehicle with an engine capacity greater than 125 cubic centimetres (abbreviated cc thereafter). In the whole of our study, mopeds with a cylinder capacity of less than 125 cc will be included in the definition
Thus, the market includes different categories of motorcycles : the 50 cc's (mopeds), the 51 to 125 cc (small motorcycles) and the more than 125 cc (large motorcycles). In general, the deal of the motorcycle is composed of two main types of actors
- The vendors motorcycles and spare parts: these are sales, maintenance and repair centres that take the status of dealers, self-employed or distribution networks.
- The manufacturers who may or may not have a production plant in France: for example, Yamaha (MBK Industrie) or Mahindra
The motorcycle market is a global market but with a strong presence of manufacturers and customers in Asia. There are therefore significant intercontinental trade flows related to this type of product
The motorcycle market is highly regulated in France, particularly by road safety standards
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months