the bicycle market
According to the highway code, the electric bicycle or electrically assisted bicycle (EAB) is defined as" Cycle equipped with an electric auxiliary motor with a maximum continuous rated power of 0.25 kilowatts whose power supply is gradually reduced and finally interrupted when the vehicle reaches a speed of 25 km/h, or earlier if the cyclist stops pedalling "(Article R311-1 of the Highway Traffic Act, Part 6.11).
In France, the electric bicycle market is a great success It drives the bicycle market, which grew by 1.3% in 2016 with several million bicycles sold, while sales growth in the electric bicycle segment was more than 33% in 2016 and approached 90% for 2017
The electric bicycle market attracts many companies . Some are starting out by specializing in EAB and others are diversifying their business, as is the case with Smart or IKEA.
While it is true that the electric bicycle first and foremost attracted seniors, more and more 40-year-olds are being convinced by the VAE, which offers them an alternative way to go to work. As a result, many companies emphasize design and lightness
It is also important to note the sensitivity of a part of the clientele to questions of origin and quality of finished products. Many brands choose to locate or relocate their production in France
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 3 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months