The Marina Operation Market
1.1 Presentation and definition of the market for the operation of marinas
The market for the operation of marinas has several particular characteristics. The boundary between public service and private operation is the responsibility of various authorities and the mode of operation may vary from one marina to another.
In France, until 1983, the operation of a port or public service was the exclusive competence of the State
The decentralisation laws of 1983 and 1984 gradually transferred this competence to the departments and municipalities, although the management of the main commercial ports remains the responsibility of the State Local authorities choose the management mode of their ports in management or concession, by chambers of commerce and industry, semi-public companies or companies governed by private law, yacht clubs or associations... On their side, marina managers are subject to public service obligations.
The marina market is today characterised by its dynamism and the diversity of products on offer: sailboats, motorboats of various sizes and characteristics, light sails and sports sails.
The marina sector contributes to the development of the French tourist and leisure offer
The study below focuses on the operation of ports reserved for sailing and motor yachts .
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months