1.1 Presentation and definition of the market
France is a major world player in the nautical sector and in particular one of the largest manufacturers of pleasure boats, sailboats and motorboats After a sharp decline in the nautical sector due to the economic crisis of 2008, the recovery is underway, with a craze for boat rentals rather than for sale The vast majority of charters take place at sea, but some charters also take place on lakes and rivers.
The rental business is based on three different business models
- The rental from professionals to individuals
- the management-rental via specialized agencies
- the private hire via online platforms
The global rental market has been growing relatively fast in recent years, with an estimated CAGR of 5% over the period 2020-2030 The market is relatively concentrated around large-scale European players . Similarly, boating and yachting activities are logically concentrated in a few specific geographical areas such as the PACA region and Corsica
The the yacht charter market is growing nicely and boating is becoming more democratic this trend is gradually gaining ground, even if water sports activities still seem inaccessible to a large part of the French population. The actors of the sector try to encourage this tendency, through marketing campaigns communicating on the financial accessibility of this leisure or by proposing new services like the organization of seminars or team-building activities, at sea.
Above all, the he traditional pleasure boating offer is being modernised and is attracting new players, facilitating access to boating for as many people as possible, through the development of online rental platforms allowing the rental of boats between individuals for a relatively short period However, the latter still face competition from traditional players, the rental management agencies
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The boat rental market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The boat rental market - France
Publicado en 07/01/2022 by Stephane Baude
Well done, clear, complete and understandable study
Hello Stephane, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that the study was up to your expectations. We hope you will give us a 5/5 next time ;)
The boat rental market - France
Rather comprehensive study but I would have liked an in-depth approach on the competitive sector and the resulting market opportunities.
Hello Justine, Thank you for your feedback. It is true that it is difficult for us to go into this level of detail regarding the competitive market structure. Nevertheless, we hope that our study has been useful to you. :)