the scooter market
A scooter is a two (or three-wheeled) motor vehicle: the scooter belongs to the category of mopeds with a cylinder capacity of between 50cm3 and 125 cm3 . If the displacement exceeds 250cm3, we speak of maxi-scooter, requiring a specific permit. Three-wheeled scooters are developing at 21 th century with capacities of more than 125cm3. A final segment, representative of the latest trends in the global automotive market, is that of electric scooters: electric scooters are equipped with a battery-powered electric motor, and have been launched in Asia where their popularity is growing
The scooter market in France represents more than 60,000 registrations per year in recent years. Of this total, most are scooters over 50 cc but this segment is decreasing frequently. The electric scooter segment, although growing each year, remains small in size
The scooter market is dominated by a handful of leading manufacturers, leaving little room for new entrants. The financial difficulties of some manufacturers, led by Peugeot, point to difficult years for the scooter market.
The main challenges in the scooter market remain the development of self-service sharing (e. g. city-scoot), the development of three-wheel scooters, as well as eco-responsible technologies such as the emergence of low-emission electric scooters.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months