1.1 Definition and presentation
A floor covering may be defined as a material intended to cover part or all of a floor. It can be of natural origin (parquet or cork produced from wood) or processed (cement, marble or terracotta produced from minerals and aggregates), or of textile or synthetic origin (resin, sisal, carpet, linoleum, PVC).
The flooring market is represented by all the materials used to cover a floor. It comprises four main product families: carpets, parquet, plastic floors (PVC or linoleum) and tiles.
The market is highly concentrated and mature, but market players are demonstrating continuous innovation, regularly offering product innovations with stronger, more durable and more environmentally friendly flooring. Indeed, the "eco-friendly" dimension of the products offered by manufacturers is now an important requirement for achieving a competitive advantage.
In Italy, the market has been recovering economically since 2014, following a crisis in the building and construction sector, but is progressing slowly, being extremely correlated to the real estate industry, which in Italy is showing a negative performance. In 2018, some floor coverings recorded positive variations compared to previous years, while others are still in difficulty.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages