1.1 What is pulp?
Pulp (or pulp) is a material produced from plants, such as hemp, wood or flax . It is a raw material used in particular in the production of paper, tissue cardboard and packaging.
The first paper production from pulp was carried out in 1843, the production was gradually increased industrialized with the development of chemical and mechanical processes allowing the extraction of cellulose, and the elimination of lignin - from hard or soft woods.
There are two main types of pulp:
- Market pulp produced in factories dedicated to the production and sale of pulp
- The integrated dough produced by industries that use pulp in another process (e. g. graphic paper making)
The pulp market is dependent on the forestry market and the recycling of paper and cardboard. It also provides the raw material for the manufacture of cardboard, packaging, graphic paper, newspapers and handkerchiefs, and its dynamics are therefore highly correlated.
World consumption is driven by the Chinese market. And, if the use of pulp in the world for paper press where publishing is in decline, the pulp market is however dynamic in other segments such as industrial packaging.
The market also has to deal with the environmental challenge by reinventing its production methods and benefits from the increasingly reduced use of plastic.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 5 business days
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The ship repair market - France
Publicado en 07/11/2022 by Tymothee Levaillant
Excellent très bien présenté et renseigné.
The market for automatic cash registers - France
Interesting estimate of a fast-growing market mainly centered on mass retailing and specialized distribution, whose development is however slowed down by social problems linked to the disappearance of cashiers. Consumer behavior in front of these automatic checkouts and product typology well analyzed
Hello Malcolm, Thank you very much for this very positive review! We are delighted that you are enjoying our studies and we thank you for your trust in us.
The bodywork market - France
Publicado en 25/02/2021 by Lengele
Saves time on researching reliable statistics
Hello, Thank you for your feedback which helps us to improve the quality of our studies.
The Glass Fiber Market - France
Publicado en 11/02/2021 by Marc-Henri Mignon - Insights & Synergies Conseils
An interesting price-quality ratio to enter a new market
Hello Marc-Henri, Thank you for your feedback which helps us to improve the quality of our studies.