1.1 Definition and scope of study
All the activities of the wood sector in France include a large number of actors, forestry activities (term defined by larousse.fr like" all techniques allowing the creation and rational exploitation of forests while ensuring their conservation and regeneration ") and from the production of raw wood to the finished products: pulp, furniture, carpentry, and others This study will focus on activities related to the production of raw wood and sawing and planing although it gives an overview of the different customer markets in this sector.
In a context of environmental awareness of citizens, the wood market in France is struggling to develop and suffers from fierce competition with other countries. Despite the good export performance of certain types of wood (in particular oak), sawmill operations are no longer progressing as well as the total volumes of raw wood harvests.
Yet, the surface area of forests in France is increasing every year for three decades now, and most customer markets, such as construction, carpentry and trading in wood and building materials, are still growing The selling prices of the different woods are increasing quite rapidly . In 2019, softwood lumber experienced the largest increase.
Silvicultural operators and sawmills can find support with proactive public policies promoting the use of wood, both in the energy and construction sectors. These European directives have been developing for several years now, and should eventually bear fruit and thus give a boost to the French sector.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The wood market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages