1.1 Definition and scope of study
The qualification of wood energy arises when wood is used for energy purposes, to produce heat, electricity or second-generation biofuels. Wood energy can be used as primary fuel but it can also be transformed industrially into by-products (solid, liquid or gaseous) that are also combustible.
Wood energy represents the the leading source of renewable energy in France (almost 40% of the total). However, despite its promising position within the renewable energy sector, its popularity is still not yet established within the overall energy sector of France. In fact, of the 245 toe (tonne of oil equivalent) of energy consumed in France in 2019, less than 4% came from wood energy.
Forest cover in France is extremely important for the wood energy in France, given how this is where the primary source of the product comes from. In fact, the forest covers 28% of the territory in metropolitan France (public and privately owned) and is growing by 75,000 hectares per year.
In terms of variations of wood energy sources, there are four main ones:
- Woold logs (firewood): Comes from raw roundwood and little processing is needed
- Wood pellets: Produced by compressing roundwood and typically comes from hardwood, although it may be a mix between hardwood and softwood
- Woodchips: Made from shredded wood
- Wood charcoal: Produced by heating the wood and removing all the water and oxygen from it
In this report, all of the sources will be mentioned, however, the scope will primarily cover wood logs (firewood) and wood pellets, given how they are the most significant in the French market.
The residential sector is by far the sector that consumes the most wood energy at 70% of the total consumption and therefore it is also the sector that contributes the most to the overall spending on this source of energy. On top of residential consumption, the main reason for consumption of wood energy is for heating purposes (over 90% of total wood energy consumption).
Beyond the residential heating which remains the main market outlet, the use of wood energy is also expanding industrial and district heating which have been progressing very rapidly since 2010.
Finally, the market for wood energy in France is extremely segmented, given how its operations are extremely dependant on local and regional operations.
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
POSITIONING OF THE PLAYERS
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 2 business days
Our other products
Mise à jour moins d'un an garantie - France
Si votre étude n'a pas été mise à jour dans les 12 derniers mois, elle sera automatiquement ajoutée à notre liste prioritaire de mise à jour suite à votre commande.
Une fois votre paiement validé, vous recevrez la version actuelle ainsi que la mise à jour dans les 20 jours ouvrés.
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Consultez les conditions du pack et de remboursement des crédits non consommés.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The heat pump market - France
Publicado en 14/11/2022 by BS Conseil - BS Conseil
Merci pour votre retour :)
The heat pump market - France
Publicado en 26/09/2022 by Matthieu Boussard - Stryber
Etude parfaite pour une vue d'ensemble du marché avec un très bon rapport qualité-prix.
Merci beaucoup Matthieu pour votre avis. Nous sommes ravis d'avoir été à la hauteur de vos attentes!