1.1 Definition and scope of the study
While hydrogen is often derived from natural gas, a fossil fuel, the production and consumption of hydrogen represents a real challenge for the development of a greener economy and sustainable. A renewable gas that emits only water when consumed, hydrogen is today used mainly for chemical and petrochemical applications .
The world market is growing strongly and is expected to grow with a CAGR of 6.09% between 2020 and 2024. It is made up of major players such as the Air Liquide Group, world leader, Mc Phy and Hélion In France this market is a market with a future even if the use of hydrogen as an energy carrier is currently limited Its production cost still makes it uncompetitive compared to other types of energy.
The majority of French hydrogen is still produced from fossil fuels (94%) and serves polluting industries such as oil refining or fertilizer production. However, private investment and increasing government support, could give hydrogen an important place in the renewable energy sector for various uses such as
- For store solar or wind energy via a fuel cell, and return it
- For power zero-emission vehicles The advantage of this is that it gives them a high degree of autonomy.
- For industrial uses: it allows to decarbonize certain industrial processes such as fertilizer manufacturing, refining, steel, cement.
A deployment plan hydrogen for energy transition 100 million had already been put in place in 2018 In 2020, a new recovery plan, developed in the wake of the Covid-19 crisis, provides for investments of 7.2 billion euros in the sector, both to decarbonize hydrogen and to democratize its use in green mobility for example
However, research and development is dynamic The project is supported by the National Research Agency and the Atomic Energy Council.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 5 business days
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The ship repair market - France
Publicado en 07/11/2022 by Tymothee Levaillant
Excellent très bien présenté et renseigné.
The market for automatic cash registers - France
Interesting estimate of a fast-growing market mainly centered on mass retailing and specialized distribution, whose development is however slowed down by social problems linked to the disappearance of cashiers. Consumer behavior in front of these automatic checkouts and product typology well analyzed
Hello Malcolm, Thank you very much for this very positive review! We are delighted that you are enjoying our studies and we thank you for your trust in us.
The bodywork market - France
Publicado en 25/02/2021 by Lengele
Saves time on researching reliable statistics
Hello, Thank you for your feedback which helps us to improve the quality of our studies.
The Glass Fiber Market - France
Publicado en 11/02/2021 by Marc-Henri Mignon - Insights & Synergies Conseils
An interesting price-quality ratio to enter a new market
Hello Marc-Henri, Thank you for your feedback which helps us to improve the quality of our studies.