1.1 Presentation and definition of the hydrogen market
While hydrogen is often derived from natural gas, a fossil energy, hydrogen production and consumption represents a real challenge for the development of a greener economy and sustainable. A renewable gas that emits only water when consumed, hydrogen is nowadays mainly used for chemical and petrochemical applications as the firm explains Sia Partners .
In particular, hydrogen can be used in different cases
- For store solar or wind energy via a fuel cell and return it
- For powering zero-emission vehicles while having the advantage of allowing them a great deal of autonomy.
- For industrial uses: it allows to decarbonize certain industrial processes such as fertilizer manufacturing, refining, steels, cements.
The global market is growing rapidly and is composed of major players such as the Air Liquide group, the world leader, Mc Phy and Hélion In France this market is a market of the future even if the use of hydrogen as an energy carrier is currently limited Its production cost still makes it uncompetitive compared to other types of energy.
However, research and development is dynamic supported by the National Research Agency and the Atomic Energy Council.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 3 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The hydrogen market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages