The Industrial Gas Market
1.1 Market definition and presentation
Industrial gases are defined by New Plant like manufactured gases, resulting from air distillation . These include, for example oxygen, nitrogen, argon, helium, hydrogen, carbon dioxide and other rare gases . Thanks to their physical and chemical properties, they are used in most industrial sectors: health (therapeutic gases for anaesthesia, intensive care, pneumology, surgery, etc.), food processing (soft drinks for example), metallurgy, electronics, petrochemistry, etc
They can be used pure or mixed for various industrial applications such as chemistry (oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, CO), food processing (nitrogen and CO2), metal processing (oxygen, argon) or health (oxygen, nitrous oxide) ( Chemistry Info ).
The market is highly concentrated in the hands of a few large groups such as Air Liquide, Linde or Air Products. There are other smaller and regional global players, such as Taiyo Nippon Sanso and Air Water in Japan, Messer in Germany, PAG and Hangzhou Hangyang in China ( Air Liquide ).
Industrial gases are also concerned by many other issues pollution criticisms industries, industrial waste management and environmental protection.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 3 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months