The market of the paper brings together all the actors involved at each stage of the transformation of raw materials (mainly wood, but also natural fibres) into pulp, cardboard and paper. Introduced in the West in the 12th century, paper revolutionized graphic media, but also became essential in the daily lives of all.
The 1990s marked an important turning point for the paper market considerations: considerations écologiques government and individuals have forced this polluting and particularly energy-consuming industry to adapt. Increase the production of paper from recycling develop innovative tools and reduce pollution and consumption energetic have required numerous financial investments. However, ecological considerations to limit or even ban the use of plastic, particularly in packaging and supermarket bags, are driving the growth of the paper market, which is partly replacing some plastic packaging (hence the rise of recycled paper). At the same time, the research and development of derived and innovative materials has gained a significant share of the paper market.
Cardboard boxes , packages , products in paper and its many derivatives or products made of recycled materials are all specializations that fragment this market. Nearly 400 million tons of paper are consumed worldwide each year, or more than $500 billion. After a drop in production in France (-1.4% in 2015), it fell by stabilized to nearly 10 million tonnes since 2016 not preventing a decline in overall revenue generated by the market in France, due to the decrease in selling prices. The decrease in production recorded is mainly due to the decline in newspaper circulation, while the production of packaging paper and cardboard has been on the rise since 2016
The manufacturing sector of stationery items linked to the paper market, is in crisis for many years. It has undergone a profound transformation: the number of major paper mill players is ten times lower than twenty years ago and many small companies have filed for bankruptcy.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The paper market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages