1.1 Market definition and presentation
The pen market represents the main segment of the writing market and covers sales of sub-products such as ballpoint pens, fountain pens, writing markers, and rollerblades.
The history of the pen goes back to 1865. Ever since then, and up until today, it is a common good which is sold and used globally, with a constant stable demand. Nevertheless, as we are approaching an ever increasing integration of technology, it is plausible to assume that the intrinsic features of the pen will be re-invetnted. For instance, we designate one part of this study to talk about smartpens, which are connected to an electronic device such as a tablet.
The pen market is highly fragmented when measured by number of pen retailers, with many different brands, sizes, shapes, and characteristics. Sales mostly occur in super-or hyper-markets, or at stationary shops. E-commerce represents only a small fraction of the distribution market share. Nevertheless, there exists giants in this industry, such as Bic, Staedtler, and Pilot, which contribute to a highly concentrated market when measured through sales.
Although the pen industry remains relatively slow with regards to innovation, new trends are becoming increasingly important, and include for example organic products.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The Pen Market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages