1.1 Presentation and definition of the market
The children's press market covers all written press titles aimed at an audience under 18 years of age. It can be segmented by age categories: the early years press (0-6 years), the children's press (6-9 years), the junior press (8 years and ), and the teenage press (12 years and ). The children's press is made up of a very wide variety of publications in three main genres: educational, entertaining and adolescent.
The youth press market in France is largely dominated by three national leaders Bayard Presse/Milan , Disney Hachette Press and Fleurus Press .
There are currently 334 youth magazines and more than 9 million readers . If, according to cPMA The market for the written press is in constant decline, as shown by the significant decline in physical sales of newspapers and magazines. However, the youth press seems to be resisting rather well to the problems of the distribution network.
Historically, the first periodical for young people in France, entitled the Education Journal was published in July 1768. The youth press developed in the second half of the 19th century, then evolved in the 20th century with technical progress and in particular the appearance of the image In 1934 is published Mickey's Diary which to date is considered to be france's oldest youth magazine still in operation .
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The youth press market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages