the disposable tableware market
1.1 Definition and Introduction
The disposable tableware market represents all dishes, cups, napkins, tablecloths, cutlery, etc., for individual or ephemeral use, mainly plastic-based. These products are made from two types of polymer which will then be used to estimate the size of this market: polystyrenes (PS) and polypropylene (PP).
The biggest novelty in this market is the new legislation in force. In light of Lisbon's election as the European Green Capital of 2020, the Portuguese government this year implemented a law that prohibits food and drink establishments, together with the retail sector, from using and supplying single-use plastic tableware. [Publico]
In this context, players are forced to focus on biodegradable products with higher added value, such as wood and silicone, which now constitute a growing market.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months