the tutoring market
1.1 Definition and scope of study
The tutoring market covers all types of student activities (primary and secondary education) to improve their academic performance : private or group lessons in specific subjects, home help for primary school pupils, holiday courses, copy correction.
Students make the greatest use of tutoring in high school, and studies show that in most cases, parents are the ones who initiate the initiative.
In 2008, the sector went through a major crisis due to scandals related to dubious hiring methods and incompetent teachers, which had a negative impact on the image of those involved in the sector.
In Portugal, the use of digital platforms offering private tuition is increasingly common. One of the successes is Superprof which has more than 60,000 teachers . The use of online courses in lieu of school attendance is also a practice to be popularized in the country, further reducing the costs of the courses Mathematics teachers are most in demand by students based in Portugal, but Portuguese (for foreign students), music, physical chemistry and biology are also popular subjects. [ DinheiroVivo ]
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months