the Sporting Goods Distribution Market
1.1 What is a sports item?
A sports item can be defined as equipment used to practice a sport . It can be clothing (shoes, jerseys...), equipment (tennis rackets, soccer balls, handballs...) or even machines, especially those used for weight training (rowers or mats for example) To talk about the market implies to mention two aspects, manufacturing and distribution .
Care must be taken to distinguish the sporting article from the sporting equipment, the latter designating an arrangement or structure that allows the practice of one or more sports
Nevertheless, it sportswear clothes whose style has been designed in the United States, can be considered as a sports item although this is more of a clothing trend than real articles developed for sports practice
In a market once made up of small family businesses, the last few decades have definitively changed the established order. Production is no longer the same, transformed by technological innovations, globalization and large companies, such as Sports Direct and JD Sport, which control the distribution of sports equipment. In addition, more and more startups are trying to make the most of a high-potential market
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months