The snowboarding is a snow sliding sport that competes with skiing. The equipment is characterized by a board snowboarding, a pair of fixings and a pair of boots adapted. Snowboarding can often be simplified by bringing it closer to the use of a skateboard (on land) or a surfboard (on water). There are different bindings on a snowboard such as plate fasteners and the shell fasteners as well as different types of boards swallow tail, alpine, freestyle, freeride, boardercross or splitboard . Finally, different disciplines related to the use of a snowboard have emerged in recent years such as racing, snowboarding, snowboarding, etc freestyle or the boardercross although the occasional usage and amateur remains the most widespread in France.
In France, snowboarding is a niche market reserved for a insider public as snowboarding does not exceed 10% of the winter sports market in France, whose domination is almost exclusively monopolized by the skiing . The French snowboard market is also mainly impacted by the good attendance of ski resorts in France, the rental-sales mix on the market but also second-hand snowboard sales in France, via new types of platforms. The leading snowboard brands, which often consist of the emergence of by-products participating in the identification of a "snowboarder" or "skater type", include Capita, Burton, Nike, DC, Adidas, Bans, 686, Electric, Ride or Quicksilver.
How can snowboarding practice be improved? democratize and even more so compete with skiing to counter the decline of this niche segment that began a few years ago? This will involve a innovation more and more exacerbated and a communication focused on this sport, allowing all athletes to social profiles to get interested and start in this rather particular sport.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The snowboard market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages