1.1 Definition and scope of the study
A deodorant is a cosmetic product, marketed as a spray or in the from of a roll-on, whose main purpose is to mask body odour. A popular variation of deodorant is antiperspirant, which both masks unpleasant odours and reduces the flow of body perspiration. The room deodorizer segment is not considered in this study.
The deodorant market in France is worth several hundred million euros and it has been growing steadily for the past few years. The deodorant market, which is particularly competitive, is divided between the world leaders in cosmetics and consumer goods (L'Oreal, Unilever, etc.), and the private labels. The deodorant market players are relying on a compressed format (carbon footprint reduced by 25%, using 25% less aluminium and 50% less propellant) to gain market share, following the example of Unilever.
The market for deodorants should eventually move towards greater transparency, with greater consideration of the demands of consumer associations concerning the product composition (aluminum salts, etc.). Consumers are increasingly preferring the products free of components that affect the body's skin. Aluminium-free, alcohol-free and ACH-free deodorants are various variations of deodorants that are gaining popularity among consumers. With the growing awareness of the adverse health effects of aluminium salts in deodorants, the demand for these products has increased considerably, especially among women. Cadmium, for example, has launched a range of deodorants without aluminium salts, alcohol and parabens. In addition, this product has a 48% higher efficiency against humidity. Companies such as Nivea have also introduced aluminum-free deodorants.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 2 business days
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The deodorant market - France
Publicado en 02/09/2020 by Fabrice Monti
Synthetic note that allows in 1 hour to have a broad view of a market. The data is coherent and homogeneous with other values.